Friday, September 7, 2012

the victoria room tea salon, sydney.

A while back my friend and I headed down to Mid City, off Sydney's Pitt St, and grabbed a bite at the Victoria Room Tea Salon. I love drinking tea and love going to tea parlours so it was exciting to try tea parlour that was a bit more casual. It was nice to be able to sit down at a tea salon without feeling underdressed but I have to admit the location of the tea salon is odd. The salon is placed in an open area surrounded by shops where passer-bys can just watch you, sort of like feeding time at the zoo. But the quality of the food made it all alright. It's a bit expensive but you don't really expect anything less.

I had my typical cup of English Breakfast Tea while my friend had a rose milkshake. And for noms I had beef & vegetable cottage pie with new green beans which set me back $21 while the tea set me back $5.50.

They serve high tea as well starting from $38 per person.

Find them:
You can find the Victoria Room Tea Salon at: Level 4 (Designer Gallery), Cnr Pitt St Mall & Market St.

The Victoria Room Tea Salon on Urbanspoon 
Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

3 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret,

    We received a request from Urbanspoon user "Margaret Ye" claiming that they are the author of baking with maggie. It sounds like you, but I'm writing to verify that this is the case and that you want to allow Margaret Ye to manage your blog on Urbanspoon.

    You can visit the Urbanspoon page for baking with maggie here:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/70/9194/Sydney/baking-with-maggie.html

    Please reply via email and let me know whether or not we should approve this claim.

    Thanks!
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and I have more than baking in common - I looove tea too! I would love to be able to go to high tea sometime, but I've tried to search around my area here in the States and haven't found anything. Is that creamer I see in your tea? People here think I'm weird when I do that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naww that's no good! We have so many tea parlours that the hardest part is choosing which to go to!

      If you're ever in Sydney let me know and we can go grab a bite of high tea :)

      As for creamer, I'm assuming that like milk? I love drinking white tea :)

      x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...