Tuesday, December 25, 2012

chicken schnitzel.

Although this blog is called Baking with Maggie I also love cooking meals that work beyond the oven, although its not often this happens. One of my favourite meals to cook is chicken schnitzel and my signature pumpkin, feta and rocket & spinach salad. I started cooking this for my best friend who ONLY eats chicken, yes Becky, I'm talking about you. But after a while it just became my go-to chicken dish. It's also great when I accidentally overcook as you can use the chicken schnitzel the next day for lunch in a sandwich or something :)

I use to buy pre-made schnitzel but found that this way I knew what ingredients was being used and sometimes ends up much cheaper.

There's no specific serving quantities this recipe makes as it depends on the size of the chicken breast and how many you buy, but as a guideline one chicken breast can be halved and therefore make two decent sized schnitzel.

INGREDIENTS:
  • Chicken breast - one chicken breast, as mentioned before, makes two schnitzels
  • Eggs
  • Plain flour
  • Bread crumbs (I use wholemeal)
  • Salt & Pepper

METHOD:
  1. Pour out some plain flour and bread crumbs on separate plates
  2. Crack two-three eggs (this may vary depending on how many schnitzels you're making) and crack some salt and pepper before a quick whisk
  3. Cut chicken breasts into half, sideways...if that makes sense
  4. Get some gladwrap and cover the chicken, then use a glass bottle and flatten the chicken until about 2-3mm thick - the thinner it is, the quicker it will cook
  5. Once flattened, cover chicken in plain flour, then dip into egg wash before covering in bread crumbs
  6. I like to double crumb, so if you want to, just dip the piece of chicken through the egg wash again before crumbing it again
  7. Repeat until all of the chicken has been crumbed
  8. Now, coat a pan with oil and wait till it's hot before putting the chicken in
  9. Cook chicken on either side until golden brown and VOILA! Serve with a side of pumpkin feta salad or some potato bake!

Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...