Tuesday, December 18, 2012

chocolate coconut balls.

There are certain smells, tastes and sounds that remind you of specific moments or induces a sense of nostalgia - chocolate coconut balls is one of those things for me. These deliciously innocent chocolate coconut bites of heaven casts my memory back to when I was just a wee lass and making these in my aunty's small kitchen with my cousin. Although these are more a Christmas treat, we made them whenever we craved these little bites of deliciousness.

It was weird though, because it had been so long since I last made these the ingredient list had to be changed. When I was younger we used golliwog biscuits, which have been discontinued due to it's racist nature - so I have subtituted that with something else :)

This recipe makes approximately 20 balls with 3cm diameter.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 250g packet of milk arrowroot biscuits
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2  cup desiccated coconut (plus a little extra for rolling in)
  • 400g tin of condensed milk - I used the skim condensed milk

METHOD:
  1. Crush the biscuits and place in a mixing bowl - the smaller the biscuit pieces, the smoother your chocolate coconut balls will be
  2. Add cocoa powder and coconut, and mix through crushed biscuits
  3. Pour in condensed milk
  4. Use a silver spoon and take a small amount of the mixture and use your other hand to mould the topside of the ball then remove the ball from the spoon and coat in the coconut - repeat for the rest of the mixture
  5. Once all the balls have been made, pop into the fridge to chill for 30mins
  6. VOILA! Enjoy these bite sized Christmas treats :)
Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...