Friday, December 14, 2012

slim secrets.

Recently I was gifted a lovely gift bag full of Slim Secrets goodies to try. I opened the bag and was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of products they have in their range, so instead of choosing what I was going to have every day I'd do a lucky dip to see what I got to try for the day and here's my verdict.

Guilt Free Potato Chips: Cheese & Onion
The taste of these were fantastic, tasted just like the flavour you'd get from a normal packet of cheese & onion chips, if not better. However the gluten free aspect gave them a slightly odd texture, but you get over that very quickly.

Mintabolism Boost: Cool Mint Choc
I absolutely loved this. I've always loved mint chocolate however the best thing about this is the flavours are created with green tea extracts! This was perfect is curbing my sweet tooth craving for the afternoon.

Wanted! Less Than 100 Calories: Vanilla Almond
When I read the flavour I was excited about the vanilla, but not about the almonds however this was amazingly tasty! You couldn't tell there are almonds in it and I loved the sweetness of the vanilla in the chia seeds!

Wanted! Less Than 100 Calories: Juicy Apple & Cinnamon
This was delicious! The apple made it nice and sticky, and sweet. This was perfect for the afternoon snack to tie me over to dinner!

Wanted! Less Than 100 Calories: Peach Perfection
This was amazing! Better than the muesli bars I usually have! The chia seeds had a light quality, almost popcorny and I loved that! I've never had chia seeds before and they taste amazing! There were also fruit pieces and the bottom was dipped in yogurt!! I've never had a peach flavour muesli bar before, and peach being one of my favourite fruits, I absolutely loved it! I'm definitely stocking up on this!

Wanted! Less Than 100 Calories: Cranberry, Choc & Nuts
What more can you ask for? Chia seeds, which I discovered my love for with the other slim secret bars, chocolate and cranberries! Super tasty and you don't feel guilty afterwards!!

Designer Cookie: Choc Chip
The perfect treat when you're craving a bit of chocolate! Tasted alright but had a slightly odd texture due to the gluten free nature. Just make sure you don't keep it in your handbag in the same compartment as everything else like I did, I opened it and it looked more like crumble than cookie.

Designer Cookie: Trail Mix
This was a lot nicer than the choc chip one! I was skeptical after having the other cookie but this was delicious!! I can't explain how amazing it tasted but I'm definitely getting more of these!

Afternoon Snack-Attack: Choc Caramel Decadence
This was absolutely delicious! I loved how it was more a chocolate bar than a muesli style bar compared to what I had previously had. This curbed my craving for chocolate while satisfying my hungry - perfect!

Craving Crusher: Cookies & Cream
Words can't explain how amazing this one tastes! I love cookies & cream and although this is made for extracts of plants (green tea and neopunita) you wouldn't expect to make cookies and cream, this tasted better than any other cookies & cream I've ever tasted. Perfect to nip that sweet craving in the bud and tie you over to your next meal!

Morning Rev-Up: Cafe Latte
The moment I opened the wrapper I was hit with the fragrant smell of coffee. The best thing about it is it's like eating coffee, no need to have your muesli bar + coffee this bar has it all-in-one. The low GI also ensured it was filling. Usually after a run I'd e starving and inhale a kilo worth of food, but all I had was this and a punnet of strawberries which tied me over to a late lunch! Impressive, hey?

Night Time Binge-Buster: Berries Drizzled In White Choc
This was so tasty! Really is perfect for that midnight snack everyone craves every now and again.


All in all the Slim Secrets products really live up to their motto - 'designed to fill you up not out!'.
Thank you to the girls at Sweaty Betty for letting me try out these fantastic products! These products were so good I've placed an order to replenish my snack drawer! (I placed an order of over $100 when that's how much I earn over one shift - just to show you how much I love these products!)

Image taken from @lpmmags Instagram
Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...