Friday, May 10, 2013

cookie, melbourne.

When I went down to Melbourne with my best friend two years ago, her cousin told us that we HAD to visit Cookie - a cocktail bar. Being a lover for a good cocktail we went down there not knowing what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised.

The cocktails are among the best I've ever tasted, it is the Melbourne equivalent of my watering hole Kuleto's in Newtown (read my review here). The only downside to Cookie is the price is quite high, and they don't have the happy hour deal I'm use to at Kuleto's - and to be honest, the Toblerone at Kuleto's is much nicer. It was also sad to see that a lot of the drinks that were in the menu 2 years ago have now disappeared - my much raved about thickness of their menu was scoffed at by my boyfriend when I saw that the menu had shrunk.

Regardless, I do love the extravagant nature of their drinks and a good cocktail bar is hard to find.

For those who are daring enough they serve this drink (first picture below) called the Dry-Hopped Chocolate Zombie which will only be served once per customer, per evening. It is a lethal mix of absinthe, grenadine, chocolate liqueur - just to name a few of the ingredients. My boyfriend and I shared this and after a few sips each I was tipsy. I wasn't a huge fan of the taste as you could taste the absinthe quite heavily, but definitely worth a sip or two to share!

Find them:
Level 1, 252 Swanston St, Melbourne, VIC

Dry-Hopped Chocolate Zombie, $30

Strawberry Daiquiri, $20

T-Lam-Chi, $19

Toblerone, $20

Cookie on Urbanspoon
Photobucket
facebook | twitter | instagram | bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every comment and I will try to answer any questions. Please note, every comment is moderated before published and any rude or spam comments will be deleted.

xo
margaret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...